Many households pay too much for their line rental, either for unnecessary 'unlimited' call plans or excluding premium rate numbers. Do you know what best suits your household?
People are unaware of what package they are on and what is or isn’t included.
Line rentals continue to rise and with mobile phone usage increasing many make less and less calls from landlines
Find the agreement and use our online policy storage solution.
Review your usage and when the policy reminder comes around consider other home phone deals.
- 1471 — informs you of the last number that called you
- 1571 — answering service that answers calls when you're away from the phone or engaged on another call
- Anonymous Call Rejection — when you can stop calls from people who have withheld their number
- Call Barring — allows you to control the calls that can be called from your phone
- Call Diversion — to divert your calls to another number
- Call Sign — allows you to know who the call is for before you answer
- Call Waiting — informs you when other callers are trying to get through while on a call
- Caller Display — lets you see who's calling on your handset
- Caller Redirect — redirects calls to your new number when you move home
- Cord-less — a telephone that has a handset that communicates with a base using radio technology, and has no handset cord
- Handsets — part of the phone that goes in your hand and includes the parts you listen to and talk into
- Landline — your home telephone that transmits signals converted from audio data through physical media such as wire or fibre optic cable
- Ring Back — calls to let you know when an engaged number becomes free
- Speed dialling — allows you to place a call by pressing a reduced number of keys